[email protected] 02031500840
DSMC2-GEMINI 5K CAMERA PACKAGE
£450.00 | Book for 7 days for the price of 3
- Dual sensitivity provides greater flexibility for a variety of shooting environments
- New 5K S35 sensor optimised for low-light performance
- Standard Mode offers an evolution in image quality over RED DRAGON
- Enhanced low-light capability (less needed for artificial lighting
- Lower resolution means lower data processing (as compared to HELIUM 8K)
- Unscaled 4K ProRes at an S35 image circle
- A wider field of view for a given resolution
- The higher frame rates at S35 format (as compared to HELIUM 8K)
- Sensor height advantage for extra coverage from anamorphic lenses
- Seamless switch between Standard and Low Light modes
- Captures 5K Full Format motion and stills at up to 96 fps and 5K 2.4:1 (Widescreen) at up to 120 fps
- Capable of simultaneous REDCODE RAW and Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHR/HD recording
- In-camera support of RED’s new image processing pipeline, IPP2
- 15.4 MP stills from motion
- 16.5+ stops of dynamic range
- Data speeds of up to 275 MB/s
Day based pricing : DSMC2-GEMINI 5K CAMERA PACKAGE
Consider the addition of the Kippertie Revolva quick-change filter system
The DSMC2 Gemini system offers superior low light performance than the Helium sensor and the camera incorporates a taller sensor too [Sensor size 30.72 mm x 18.0 mm (Diagonal: 35.61 mm)], which only achieves 5K resolution compared with the Helium’s 8K resolution.
- 5K Aquisition: 15 million pixel count of Gemini 5K sensor with advanced colour science allows 96p capture at 5K and below, allowing reframing in post production without 4k image compromise.
- Multiple Codec Capture: Shoot in RED R-3D REDCODE RAW or 4K Apple Prores 4444 or AVID DNxHR/HD formats at up to 275MB/second onto RED Minimag 480GB SSDs.
- New Module Construction: DSMC2 modular format allows the camera to be fully accessorised or totally stripped back – how far you go is your choice.
- Excellent Slow Motion Capability: 240fps slow motion capability and 5K images with the streamlined RED workflow. Upto 96p in 5K, 150K in 3K, 120p in 4K, 200p in 3K or 240p in 2K – your choice.
- Up to 16.5 stops of dynamic range – New Gemini Sensor
- Superb detail in the blacks
RED Gemini Lens Coverage, 5K, 4K and no S-35 Crop
The new Gemini Sensor incorporates a new 5K sensor size 30.72 mm x 18.0 mm (Diagonal: 35.61 mm), which offers incredible low light performance and 16.5 stops of lattitude.
It covers capture 5K with a regular S-35 image size with no worry about cropping regular S-35 lenses.
Whilst the RED workflow is very well established, sometimes the quality of the RED codec is too good for small screen productions and it can sometimes be easier to use simpler codecs if you are shooting for TV or the internet.
The new DSMC2 allows multiple Codec Capture using the internal SSD minimag storage to permit R-3D REDCODE RAW, 4K Apple Prores 4444 or AVID DNxHR/HD formats at up to 275MB/second.
2 x RED Minimag 480GB SSDs are included as standard and more storage is available at additional charge.
Compatible DSMC2 Camera Backs
The RED DSMC2 camera platform is completely modular and as such, offers a variety of different camera backs at a nominal additional charge to suit the specific application.
- RED RED DSMC2 Base I/O V-Lock Expander (720-0045). This is a compact V-Lock back with limited inputs and outputs to use in a very portable configuration.
- Constructed from lightweight and durable magnesium, this expander module mounts directly to the rear of the camera BRAIN® and offers connections for the following: DC Power input (DC-IN), HDMI 1.2 output (Type A socket), 3G-SDI output (HD-SDI, 75 ? BNC), CTRL & SYNC ports (2x 00B 4-Pin, Timecode and Genlock support), AUX Power output (P-Tap 2-Pin female), USB Power output (Type A, 5 V at 1.5 A for powering HDMI transmitters or small mobile devices), Stereo Headphone output (3.5 mm jack), Stereo Analog input (3.5 mm jack).
- RED DSMC2 Base I/O Expander (720-0033). This is an enhanced V-Lock back suitable also for compact portable configurations.
- Manufactured from lightweight and durable magnesium, this low-profile module mounts directly to your DSMC2 BRAIN® and offers interface connections for power (DC-IN), HDMI, 3G-SDI (HD-SDI), CTRL and SYNC ports (for Timecode and Genlock), as well as a 3.5mm microphone input and a 3.5mm line-level headphone out.
- RED Jetpack back for DSMC2 (720-0048). The most portable camera back with HDSDI camera output but no battery clip. As such, the camera must be powered by 12V power supplied by 4 pin cannon cable and is only really suited to gimbal and similar applications.
- Featuring connections for power (DC-IN), SDI (3G-SDI), Gigabit Ethernet (GIG-E), AUX power, SYNC, and CTRL, the DSMC2 Jetpack-SDI Expander provides a low-profile expander solution. The 3G-SDI connection provides support for providing a signal to a remote monitoring solution, while the Gigabit Ethernet connection offers increased bandwidth for streaming high-quality footage. The DSMC2 Jetpack-SDI Expander is ideal for housings and low-profile configurations that require 3G-SDI outputs or computer tethering.
- RED Production Module (720-0056) offers a comprehensive array of video, power, communication, and pro audio
- connections, suitable for cinematography productions.
- Constructed from lightweight and durable aluminum alloy, this module includes three BNC video connectors for maximum monitoring flexibility on-set. Two connectors output a cloned 3G-SDI signal, and one connector serves as an independent monitoring output.
- To support production demands for on-board monitors, wireless video transmitters, wireless lens control, and focus assist systems, the module includes multiple auxiliary power outputs.
- Two front-facing 3-Pin Fischer R/S ports support Remote Start/Stop functionality, and provide 24V power out up to a combined 2.5 Amps, A front-facing 2-Pin 0B AUX PWR port provides power out up to 3.0 Amps, A 2-Pin P-Tap connector on the top provides power out up to 3.0 Amps, A rear-facing USB 2.0 port with support for fast charging offers 5V at 1.5 Amps for powering small mobile devices.
- Two standard 3-pin XLRs with preamplifiers are included for most professional audio needs. Each XLR input features a 3-position selector switch to designate the incoming audio signal type: Balanced Line Level, Balanced Mic Level, and Balanced Mic with +48V phantom power. Additionally, a 3.5mm line-level headphone jack allows users to monitor audio during takes and in playback mode.
- The module features ports for power in (DC IN), Genlock (BNC), Timecode (5-pin 0B), GIG-E, and CTRL.
- The module also features a selector switch that enables the BRAIN to automatically boot when power is provided via the DC IN connector on the module. This feature allows operators to use a connected DC input supply to turn the BRAIN on and off when the camera is mounted in remote or difficult to maneuver locations.
- OFFHOLLYWOOD COMMAND RT Option. The most functional back ever which offers integrated wireless lens control facility with Teradek RT WLCS systems.
- This offers RED PLUS functionality with OFFHOLLYWOOD COMMAND RT back.
The introduction of the OFFHOLLYWOOD OMOD Command module takes integration to a whole new level with RTMotion WLCS, and other soon-to-be announced Lens Control systems all effectively built into the latest RED cameras
Integrated RED PLUS system allows the lens control motors to plug directly into the camera system and add the following functionality:
- Connect Lens Control servo motors directly to the camera, since the wireless lens control receiver is built into the camera and this will integrate with RTMotion WLCS systems without external brain being fitted to camera.
- Wireless timecode and meta-data functionality from with AMBIENT’s ACN. This includes a built-in lockit box.
- Extended range of Fool Control of camera via a powerful, fully-configurable dual-band wifi module.
- Wireless Live Color grading for HDR and SDR with leading software solutions such as Pomfort Live Grade, Pomfort LiveGrade, FilmLight Prelight, Colorfront On-Set Live!, CODEX Live and Qtake
- 3 x HD-SDI outputs as standard
This is the ultimate in camera integration to make the systems extremely elegant and devoid of the ‘rats nest’ of cable and peripherals that drama crew have been accustomed to working with.
Official Manufacturer: https://www.red.com/DSMC2-BRAIN?quantity=1&sensor=2