[email protected] 02031500840
DSMC2-HELIUM 8K CAMERA PACKAGE
£550.00 | Book for 7 days for the price of 3
- MONSTRO and HELIUM sensors take the next step in exceeding beauty offered by film – up to 17x more resolution than HD—and over 4x more than 4K.
- Highest sensitivity sensor to date and offers significantly increased performance in low-light settings and improved performance in shadows.
- A DSMC2 BRAIN is capable of data write speeds of 300 MB/s, and can simultaneously record in REDCODE RAW and Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHR/HD.
- Cable-free peripherals, integrated media bay, wireless control, and more
- Compatible with a growing arsenal of modules and accessories—from RED and other Third-Party manufacturers. Tack on interchangeable OLPFs and lens mounts and DSMC2 gives you the ultimate control over your footage.
Day based pricing : DSMC2-HELIUM 8K CAMERA PACKAGE
- 8K Aquisition: 35 million pixel count of Helium 8K sensor with advanced colour science allows 30/60p capture at 8K and below, allowing reframing in post production without 4k image compromise.
- Multiple Codec Capture: Shoot in RED R-3D REDCODE RAW or 4K Apple Prores 4444 or AVID DNxHR/HD formats at up to 275MB/second onto new RED Minimag 512GB SSDs.
- New Module Construction: DSMC2 modular format allows the camera to be fully accessorised or totally stripped back – how far you go is your choice.
- Excellent Slow Motion Capability: 300fps slow motion capability and 6K images with the streamlined RED workflow. Upto 100p in 6K, 150p in 4K 200p in 3K or 300p in 2K – your choice.
- Up to 16.5 stops of dynamic range – New Helium Sensor
- Superb detail in the blacks
RED Helium Lens Coverage, 8K, 6K, 4K and crop factor
The Helium Sensor captures 6K with a regular S-35 image size without any crop, though acquiring at 8K may still produce vignetting with certain lenses.
Whilst the RED workflow is very well established, sometimes the quality of the RED codec is too good for small screen productions and it can sometimes be easier to use simpler codecs if you are shooting for TV or the internet.
The DSMC2-Helium allows multiple Codec Capture using the internal SSD minimag storage to permit R-3D REDCODE RAW, 4K Apple Prores 4444 or AVID DNxHR/HD formats at up to 275MB/second. 2 x RED Minimag 512GB SSDs are included as standard and more storage is available at additional charge.
Compatible DSMC2 Camera Backs
The RED DSMC2 camera platform is completely modular and as such, offers a variety of different camera backs at a nominal additional charge to suit the specific application.
RED RED DSMC2 Base I/O V-Lock Expander (720-0045). This is a compact V-Lock back with limited inputs and outputs to use in a very portable configuration.
Constructed from lightweight and durable magnesium, this expander module mounts directly to the rear of the camera BRAIN® and offers connections for the following: DC Power input (DC-IN), HDMI 1.2 output (Type A socket), 3G-SDI output (HD-SDI, 75 ? BNC), CTRL & SYNC ports (2x 00B 4-Pin, Timecode and Genlock support), AUX Power output (P-Tap 2-Pin female), USB Power output (Type A, 5 V at 1.5 A for powering HDMI transmitters or small mobile devices), Stereo Headphone output (3.5 mm jack), Stereo Analog input (3.5 mm jack).
RED DSMC2 Base I/O Expander (720-0033). This is an enhanced V-Lock back suitable also for compact portable configurations.
Manufactured from lightweight and durable magnesium, this low-profile module mounts directly to your DSMC2 BRAIN® and offers interface connections for power (DC-IN), HDMI, 3G-SDI (HD-SDI), CTRL and SYNC ports (for Timecode and Genlock), as well as a 3.5mm microphone input and a 3.5mm line-level headphone out.
RED Jetpack back for DSMC2 (720-0048). The most portable camera back with HDSDI camera output but no battery clip. As such, the camera must be powered by 12V power supplied by 4 pin cannon cable and is only really suited to gimbal and similar applications .Featuring connections for power (DC-IN), SDI (3G-SDI), Gigabit Ethernet (GIG-E), AUX power, SYNC, and CTRL, the DSMC2 Jetpack-SDI Expander provides a low-profile expander solution. The 3G-SDI connection provides support for providing a signal to a remote monitoring solution, while the Gigabit Ethernet connection offers increased bandwidth for streaming high-quality footage. The DSMC2 Jetpack-SDI Expander is ideal for housings and low-profile configurations that require 3G-SDI outputs or computer tethering.
RED Production Module (720-0056) offers a comprehensive array of video, power, communication, and pro audio
connections, suitable for cinematography productions.
Constructed from lightweight and durable aluminum alloy, this module includes three BNC video connectors for maximum monitoring flexibility on-set. Two connectors output a cloned 3G-SDI signal, and one connector serves as an independent monitoring output.
To support production demands for on-board monitors, wireless video transmitters, wireless lens control, and focus assist systems, the module includes multiple auxiliary power outputs.
Two front-facing 3-Pin Fischer R/S ports support Remote Start/Stop functionality, and provide 24V power out up to a combined 2.5 Amps, A front-facing 2-Pin 0B AUX PWR port provides power out up to 3.0 Amps, A 2-Pin P-Tap connector on the top provides power out up to 3.0 Amps, A rear-facing USB 2.0 port with support for fast charging offers 5V at 1.5 Amps for powering small mobile devices.
Two standard 3-pin XLRs with preamplifiers are included for most professional audio needs. Each XLR input features a 3-position selector switch to designate the incoming audio signal type: Balanced Line Level, Balanced Mic Level, and Balanced Mic with +48V phantom power. Additionally, a 3.5mm line-level headphone jack allows users to monitor audio during takes and in playback mode.
The module features ports for power in (DC IN), Genlock (BNC), Timecode (5-pin 0B), GIG-E, and CTRL.
The module also features a selector switch that enables the BRAIN to automatically boot when power is provided via the DC IN connector on the module. This feature allows operators to use a connected DC input supply to turn the BRAIN on and off when the camera is mounted in remote or difficult to maneuver locations.
- OFFHOLLYWOOD COMMAND RT Option. The most functional back ever which offers integrated wireless lens control facility with Teradek RT WLCS systems.
- This offers RED PLUS functionality with OFFHOLLYWOOD COMMAND RT back.
The introduction of the OFFHOLLYWOOD OMOD Command module takes integration to a whole new level with RTMotion WLCS, and other soon-to-be announced Lens Control systems all effectively built into the latest RED cameras
Integrated RED PLUS system allows the lens control motors to plug directly into the camera system and add the following functionality:
Connect Lens Control servo motors directly to the camera, since the wireless lens control receiver is built into the camera and this will integrate with RTMotion WLCS systems without external brain being fitted to camera.
Wireless timecode and meta-data functionality from with AMBIENT’s ACN. This includes a built-in lockit box.
Extended range of Fool Control of camera via a powerful, fully-configurable dual-band wifi module.
Wireless Live Color grading for HDR and SDR with leading software solutions such as Pomfort Live Grade, Pomfort LiveGrade, FilmLight Prelight, Colorfront On-Set Live!, CODEX Live and Qtake
3 x HD-SDI outputs as standard
This is the ultimate in camera integration to make the systems extremely elegant and devoid of the ‘rats nest’ of cable and peripherals that drama crew have been accustomed to working with.
Mount: EF Mount, PL Mount
Sensor Size/Coverage: Super-35
Media Standard: Red Mini-Mag
There are no reviews yet.