VENICE 6K FULL FRAME CAMERA WITH FF AND ANAMORPHIC LICENCE
£850.00 | Book for 7 days for the price of 3
- The top of the range Sony Digital Film Camera, supplied fully loaded with anamorphic and Full Frame Licence
- This camera is suitable for S-35 and Full Frame acquisition and is described by Sony as ‘Aspect Ratio Agnostic’, which means that by using and masking the extremely large image sensor (36x24mm).
- It can be used to capture every Aspect Ratio, including S35 spherical and S35 4:3 anamorphic, FF spherical, S35 4:3 anamorphic and also 3:2 anamorphic in UHD 4K and HD picture formats.
Day based pricing : VENICE 6K FULL FRAME CAMERA WITH FF AND ANAMORPHIC LICENCE
This camera is fully UHD 4K compliant, though it can capture images up to a maximum resolution of 6048 x 4032*.
*Firmware update may be required for this functionality
Aspect Ratio “Agnostic”
Sony describe the Sony Venice as “aspect ratio agnostic”, so by using and masking the extremely large image sensor (36x24mm), you can use it in every Aspect Ratio within Full Frame and S35: widescreen spherical, widescreen anamorphic (1.3x, 1.5 and 2x squeeze), 2.39:1, 1.85:1, 1.66:1, 1.33:1, 17:9, Univisium…
Most importantly, it is capable of Super35 24.9×18.7mm, 4096 x 3024 resolution (equivalent to 4-perforation motion picture film) and Super35 24.9×14.0mm 4096 x 2160 resolution (equivalent to 3-perforation motion picture film).
Full UHD 4K and more
Whereas the ARRI ALEXA can only shoot 4:3 in 2.8K, the VENICE is able to shoot 4:3 in 4K and as the sensor is actually capable of full 6K resolution in full frame mode, it means that 4K anamorphic S35 and also anamorphic FF (with suitable lenses) is also possible.
Built-in ND FIltering
A servo-controlled 8 step mechanical ND filter mechanism is built into the camera chassis offering an ND range of 0.3 to 2.4 range.
Native ISO500 and 15 stops of Latitude
The camera is rated at ISO500 rating and 15 stops of latitude are possible with little detectable no noise. A new colour management system and wide colour gamut makes this suitable for HDR grading.
Record onto on-board SxS Cards or with external dockable recorder (supplied)
VENICE supports in-camera XAVC or ProRes recording onto SxS cards, though VMI supplies this as standard with a Sony AXS-R7 external recorder attached and which integrates seamlessly.
The benefit of using the AXS-R7 recorder is that you can record visually lossless RAW or X-OCN onto AXS cards and also permits 16-bit linear RAW in 4K capture and using the 6K X-OCN codec (future upgrade), permits 16-bit capture with significantly smaller files.
XAVC H.264/AVC intra-frame is another option for cost-efficient recording in 4K 10-bit and HD high-frame-rates.
Multiple Frame Rates up to 60p
“Jello” and similar rolling shutter artefacts are minimised, in spite of the Venice shutter not being a true global shutter.
You can record multiple frame rates of up to 60P, depending on the image size of acquisition:
- 3.8K 16:9, 4K 17.9: 1-60FPS
- 4K 4:3: 1-48FPS
- 4K 6:5, 5.7K 16:9, 6K 17:9, 6K 1.85:1, 6K 2.39:1: 1-30FPS
- 6K 3:2: 1-24FPS
This is a compact camera and comfortable to use with controls are where you expect them to be. Not as small as the Alexa Mini but more compact than the ARRI LF with convenient LED panels with menus and buttons on both camera left and right sides—ready for operator, assistant or DIT. Menus are streamlined, logical and intuitive.
Futureproof with removable modules
The VENICE is entirely modular in design with both the external recorder being removable, as well as the sensor block, opening the possibility in the future for replacing the sensor instead of the entire camera.
The VENICE is based around the existing and established CineAlta workflows permitting 10bit internal XAVC recording to SxS cards or more likely, 16bit RAW X-OCN via the external AXS-R7 recorder, which we supply as standard with the camera.
- Full Frame Sensor 24×36 mm
- 6K Full Frame 6048 x 4032 maximum resolution
- 4K Super35 window
- Full Frame, full 6048 photosite width of the sensor
- Widescreen spherical 2.39:1 or Large Format ‘Scope
- Super35 full height 2.0x squeeze Anamorphic
- 8-Step, 8-Stop Internal NDs
- PL and Ruggedized E-mount
- Spherical FF & S35
- Anamorphic FF & S35
- 15+ Stops of Exposure Latitude
- Native ISO 500
- Retains highlights and colour detail 6 stops overexposed and 9 stops into the shadows
- Power: both 12 VDC and 24 VDC